WESLEY NURSE HEALTH MINISTRIES
"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can,
In all the ways you can, In all the places you can,
At all the times you can, To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can."
~ John Wesley
Our Mission: "Serving Humanity to Honor God", by improving the physical, mental, and spiritual health of those least served in the Southwest Texas Conference area of The United Methodist Church.
Methodist Healthcare Ministries (MHM) is a private, faith-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing medical, dental, and health-related human services to low-income families and the uninsured in South Texas. These services include primary care medical and dental clinics, support services like counseling, case management and social services, family wellness and parenting programs, and church-based community nursing programs. See more details at (www.mhm.org)
Wesley Nurse Health Ministries serves almost 80 church sites throughout South Texas by providing Wesley Nurses to minister to those in need. Wesley Nurse Health Ministries is geographically the largest outreach program of MHM. Wesley nurse program was created to reach the under-served in our communities, through education, health promotion, and facilitation of resources. Wesley nurses collaborate with individuals, congregations, communities, agencies, and available resources to provide relevant meaningful services.
Wesley Nurse Services:
- Health Education, such as Diabetes Classes, Hypertension, Nutrition - Group or Individual
- Blood Sugar and Blood Pressure Screenings - for Groups and Individual
- Support Groups (e.g., Grief, Weight Management, Women’s Issues, Parenting)
- Healthy Eating Classes
- Health Education for Preschoolers, Elementary and Teens
- Prescription Assistance
- Help find resources for clients (e.g., Food Pantry, Medical care, Home Health, Pastoral care and other services available)
- Health Advocacy
Some Current On-Going Events Led By Our Wesley Nurse:
- Women’s Health Class – Penitas
- Children’s Health Class – Penitas
- Nutrition Class (Adults) – Penitas
- Adult One on One Education Visits – Penitas
- Adult One on One Education Visits – Mission
- Adult One on One Education Visits – Alton
Rosa Laura Tovar, RN, Wesley Nurse
Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc.
- Office location:
Mission First United Methodist Church
1101 Doherty Mission Tx 78572
- Hours of service:
M-F 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Call to schedule an appointment. Nurse may be out in the community or attending trainings.
- Getting to know Laura